Here are some important tips to ensure that you have the best time at Veld.
· Plan on how you will get here and home. There are numerous transportation options that you can find on the Festival Info page.
· There are no in and out privileges at Veld. Be sure you have everything you need upon entry.
· Please remember driving under the influence of any substance is illegal and dangerous to everyone.
· There are numerous prohibited items that are not allowed onto the Veld grounds, so please check the list on our Festival Info page.
• Be sure to check the weather and dress appropriately (rain or shine).
• If it is going to be hot and sunny do your best to avoid heat stroke by maintaining sunprotection (sunscreen, hat and sunglasses), hydrating with water, and taking chillout breaks in shaded areas (see attached map).
• Consider wearing appropriate closed-toe footwear, such as sneakers, these are more comfortable and safer compared to flip-flops and sandals, especially in rainy and muddy conditions.
• There will be lots of people, use a buddy system and know where your friends are during the festival.
• Familiarize yourself with the Veld map (available on the Veld App) and know where water stations, chill-out shaded areas, and medical tents are located.
• If you see someone in trouble or something concerning, please alert festival staff, we are all here to help.
• Always be vigilant with your health at Veld over the weekend. We encourage you to seek assistance early. No matter how small the problem, you’re not bothering us; we’re here to help..
• There are numerous health and safety teams wandering the grounds and stationed at our First Aid tents; please feel free to approach them for assistance.
• Veld is a drug-free environment and has an enforced zero-tolerance policy.
• The use of illicit substances is not condoned and can have serious effects on your health and safety, especially if used in combination with regular prescribed medications, alcohol, and minimal hydration on a hot and humid day.
• Veld festival grounds are non-smoking and will be enforced.
• Alcohol can only be served to people that are of legal drinking age in Ontario (> 19 years old).
• Please drink responsibly, and keep hydrated with water. Never use alcohol beverages to hydrate or as a substitution for water.
• Be smart, and if you are driving don’t drive under the influence of any substances.
• Veld is mobility device accessible, with a dedicated entry line, a dedicated viewing area, and washrooms with assigned security.
• Check your map for further details. If there are further concerns at the festival please don’t hesitate to contact our festival staff.
• If you require prescription medications at the festival you will need to check-in and have your medication reviewed at our external medical area before entering (indicated on map). Refer to the VELD website for further details on the health and safety page.
• Bring only enough medication for the day, a piece of photo ID, and ensure that there is a valid pharmacy label on the container, that includes: your name, the medication name, and dates.